Quillix® Data Capture is a distributed document capture software and process management system that streamlines the process of acquiring and creating documents. Its innovative Web Client provides scanning, importing and indexing of documents easily from anywhere around the world. With Quillix Capture, an organization can:
- Capture documents easily from anywhere around the world
- Capture and index large volumes of documents securely and efficiently
- Automate complex capture and indexing tasks
- Import and process email and faxes
- Ensure corporate compliance by managing and monitoring incoming documents
- Easily integrate with third-party and legacy systems
Quillix is a powerful, completely web-based document capture and document processing solution. It offers advanced features for your enterprise and is as easy as launching a web page. The optional forms processing features utilize the very latest technologies from our vendors including ABBYY Flexicapture Engine 10.
Quillix Capture software was designed from the very beginning to be distributed. This technology was pioneered in late 1999 with a vision of capturing documents from anywhere around the world with an easy to deploy web-based capture client, while other capture companies were focusing on thick capture clients and proprietary scanning hardware. As browser technology matured and internet bandwidth increased, this thin client capture application became the main capture application. The current product focus has been on building production capture features into the thin Quillix Capture Client as well as adding a browser independent client in a future release.
Quillix offers a vast set of features including:
- Web Based Document Capture - Remote document capture through the intuitive Quillix web based interface without any software on the scanning client. The software runs through a small ActiveX control in Internet Explorer.
- Affordable Document Capture Software - Quillix is licensed on a concurrent user basis making the Quillix web document very affordable. This thin client document capture system is extremely easy for users around the world to tap into the power of advanced document processing available directly through a web browser. To add more users just purchase additional concurrent user licenses - there are no named user, per-seat charges.
- Flexible Architecture - This capture software provides tight integration with your existing ECM, ERP, legacy systems, email and fax servers.
- Easy Administration - Intuitive rules based graphical capture workflow design tool makes it easy to implement sophisticated capture applications in minutes.
- Global Document Capture Solution - Easily scalable to your needs. Users can be authenticated through your multiple Active Directory domains, and better yet no trust relationship is necessary. Additional clustered Quillix servers can be added around the world as your needs grow. And the web servers are included and you can add any number without additional charge to remote locations in order to extend web server performance to those areas. This makes an ideal combination for growing firms acquiring companies and desiring to maintain their existing identities.
- Advanced Forms and Automated Document Processing - Leverages the very latest document processing technologies to provide automated indexing of your enterprise documents including ABBYY Flexicapture 10 engine.
Quillix was a pioneer in the capture industry. This enterprise document capture software suite offers features designed to confront both upstream and downstream data management challenges. The application uses OCR, ICR, and OMR technology (ICR and OMR are optional features) to determine how documents are routed throughout your company. Quillix was a pioneer in offering a full featured web client and server side features such as despeckle/deskew, image cleanup, barcode recognition, email listening, and template-based forms recognition all in a single package.
Quillix Web provides a powerful set of tools and flexible document processing workflow to accomplish document scanning tasks of any complexity. Quillix is compatible with a wide range of scanning devices supporting TWAIN.
Quillix is a distributed capture system meaning that is uses a central server connected to the Internet to capture documents from any location on the web. If spotty Internet connectivity is an issue the system provides a means to schedule the transfer of jobs through a batch transfer utility.
Getting documents from their source into a repository is built into the Quillix system. Documents are securely transmitted from the Quillix Capture Client to the Quillix Server one at a time, or in bulk over an internet connection. Backend repositories supported include FileNet (all varieties), Oracle Web Center Content, SharePoint, Laserfiche, Documentum and Papervision 3D. Other connectors are available upon demand - just ask!
Flexible Document Capture Workflow
One of the main distinctives of Quillix is the graphical capture workflow tool within the Quillix software suite. This intuitive drag and drop server application gives you the power to tackle both simple and complex business processes. Additionally Quillix will handle your enterprise needs by integrating with your content management system — no matter the vendor. The Quillix Web capture product suite serves procurement, finance, engineering, human resources, legal, and compliance departments with ease.
Quillix Capture has a highly extensible architecture made possible through QSX modules. These are software components which when loaded onto the server and placed in a capture workflow using the graphical authoring tool provide maximum flexibility in capturing your documents. UFC Inc. offers a variety of these off-the-shelf plug-in extension modules for Quillix. Here is a listing of our product data sheets to help you evaluate our product offerings.
UFC Product Data Sheets