MuWave® Rendition QSX is a Quillix™ Server eXtension (QSX) designed to create image or PDF renditions of office documents in formats such as Microsoft Office® documents including Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as HTML, email and PDF. In addition, MuWave Rendition QSX standardizes captured images by correcting resolution (DPI) and bit depth so that downstream document processing applications such as forms recognition and OCR function properly.
MuWave Rendition QSX works at the document or batch level in a Quillix workflow to create image or PDF renditions of Microsoft Office documents. In addition, Rendition QSX processes the images that already exist in a document or batch and adjusts the bit depth and resolution of the images. This ensures that downstream processes that rely on uniform images will perform properly.
Quillix makes it easy to capture a mixture of image and non-image files. With the addition of MuWave Rendition QSX, the problems associated with processing all of these different types of files is eliminated. And since Quillix uses TWAIN, it is difficult to control the resolution and bit depth settings that the users select when scanning. Rendition QSX can adjust the resolution and bit depth of the captured images automatically, and can create searchable PDF renditions as long as the files that are being processed are searchable (Word, Excel, Email, PowerPoint, HTML, text, etc.)
KEY FEATURE INCLUDE;
• Handles all file types including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email and others
• Creates image (TIFF) or searchable PDF renditions
• Adjusts image resolution (DPI) for existing Images
• Adjusts bit depth for existing images (monochrome, grayscale, etc.)
• Email interface for transmission of failed document conversions
• Integration with MuWave Script, MuWave Reports and other MuWave QSX modules
• Multithreaded operations for maximum throughput
• Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx, .dot, .txt, .rtf, .wps, .wpt, .wpd, .js, .asp, .ini, .bat)
• Microsoft Excel (.xls, xlsx, .dat, .csv)
• Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx)
• Microsoft Outlook (.msg, .oft, .htm)
• HTML (.htm, .html, .mht)
• Adobe Acrobat (.pdf)
The product also adjusts the bit depth and resolution of existing images and supports TIF, BMP, JPEG, PCX, TGA, GIF, PNG and MDI image formats.