Department of Motor Vehicles Case Study
Project: Digital Mailroom
Title: State Government Agency turns to User Friendly Consulting, Inc. (UFC) and ABBYY Content Intelligence to transform workload management during Covid-19
When the COVID-19 crisis hit, one state’s Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) agency faced complications of workload management due to stay at home measures. They urgently needed to develop a digital mailroom for processing incoming documents and containing workload management features.
- Daily processes took place on-site. They were paperwork heavy and completely manual.
- Residents mailed in paper documents. Staff opened and assigned documents to other teams for processing. Some documents were duplicated and had to be processed more than once.
- In the face of stay-at-home measures, the DMV needed a comprehensive Content Intelligence solution that was easy to deploy, use remotely and could integrate with an existing hosting service provided by AWS, and with software called Quickweb.
- The DMV contacted User Friendly Consulting, Inc. (UFC). ABBYY FlexiCapture was selected as the ideal Content Intelligence solution that offered flexible integration, ease of use, and a high level of accuracy with an Intelligent Document Processing platform that created a true digital mailroom.
- ABBYY FlexiCapture classifies incoming documents such as U.S. birth certificates, U.S. passports, employment authorization, or permanent resident cards, and puts them into a queue, allowing users to retrieve any documents that require further action.
- The entire process is digital and can be operated remotely with a high level of accuracy.
- FlexiCapture’s Content Intelligence platform reduces manual efforts.
- Staff remain safe during Covid-19 while automating and optimizing processes.
- Workload distribution efficiency creates cost savings in staff time, scalability, and enhanced customer satisfaction.
Download in PDF Format: DMV Digital Mailroom-ANON-Case Study-ABBYY – UFC., Inc.