USER FRIENDLY CONSULTING
This Privacy Notice was last updated January 18, 2022.
For any questions or concerns relating to data privacy, please contact:
User Friendly Consulting, Inc.
Attn: Data Privacy
67200 51st Street
Lawrence, MI 49064
User Friendly Consulting, Inc. (“UFC”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) respects the privacy of our users and all those who submit personal information to UFC through this website or by other means. Accordingly, we have provided this privacy notice (Notice) to inform you, the user (“you” or “user”) of how we collect, use, share, and protect your personal information. A copy of this Notice can be further found at: https://www.ufcinc.com/privacy-policy-for-ufc/. By using or accessing UFC’s website (“Website”) or otherwise submitting your information to us through webforms or integrated chatbots, you are representing that understand the terms of this Notice. If you do not agree to the terms of this Notice, do not continue to use the Website and do not provide us with your personal information at any time.
Collection of Your Information
When you use the Website or its Linked Websites (as hereinafter defined), you may choose to provide UFC with certain personal information (“PI”) about yourself. Other PI may automatically be collected by your use of the Website. Further, we may collect other information about your use of the Website that is not PI. Generally, PI means information about an individual who can be identified from use of that information (or from that information when combined with other information in our possession or likely to come into our possession), including information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. Specific types of PI include names, physical addresses, mailing addresses, cookies, geolocation data, phone numbers, and IP addresses. PI does not include aggregated or anonymized data, or data otherwise specifically excluded from current data privacy laws.
In the interest of providing transparency to our users, we have provided the following list of the categories of PI that we collect, and some examples of the personal information that would fall into each category. By using the Website, or providing consent for the use of your PI, you are providing consent for us to collect the following PI. Except for our collection of your IP address through cookies, we only collect PI you voluntarily provide to us, either through (i) your submission of web forms on our Website or Linked Websites, (ii) your submission of PI through the Zoho Sale IQ sales widget, which exists on our Website, or (iii) via email to one of UFC’s employees:
- Personal Identifiers – (Name, phone number, email, mailing address):
- We may use Personal Identifiers to (i) improve our services and offerings, to inform you about our services or service updates, (ii) provide individualized help and care to our customers or clients, (iii) comply with a law, legal process, or regulation, as well as law enforcement authorities, other government officials or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, a court order or other legal process, and/or (iv) protect the vital interests of a person, to protect our property, services, and legal rights, and to support our audit, compliance, and governance functions.
- Customer Records – (Name, mailing, address (credit card data is collected through a third-party payment processor, Stripe; however, this data is not retained by UFC, and UFC makes no representations regarding the same)):
- We may use Customer Records to (i) improve our services and offerings, to inform you about our services or service updates, (ii) provide individualized help and care to our customers or clients, (iii) comply with a law, legal process, or regulation, as well as law enforcement authorities, other government officials or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, a court order or other legal process, and/or (iv) protect the vital interests of a person, to protect our property, services, and legal rights, and to support our audit, compliance, and governance functions.
- Usage Data – (IP address, unique device identifier cookies, website interactions, and first party cookies which track: advertising conversions, website direction tracking, operating systems used to access website, browser types, and languages):
- We may use Usage Data to (i) provide the services you have requested or authorized and to help us manage the availability and connectivity of the Website, (ii) improve our services and offerings, to inform you about our services or service updates, and to provide individualized help and care to our customers or clients, (iii) analyze your responses to certain web traffic and prompts, (iv) build private user profiles and match the PI with publicly available information about you for the purposes of improving this Website, and/or (v) create targeted marketing based on your use of the Website.
- Commercial Data – (inquiries about services, purchases, service requests):
- We may use Commercial Data to improve our services and offerings, to (i) inform you about our services or service updates, and provide individualized help, care, and targeted services and advertisements to our customers or clients.
UFC’s Use and Sharing of PI
Other than as specifically outlined above, and excepting the broader use of aggregated data as discussed below, we also generally use the PI we collect in one or more of the following ways:
- Website administration;
- To improve functionality and our service offerings;
- To coordinate with various government agencies and municipalities, as well as private security;
- To comply with a law or regulation;
- In response to a subpoena, a court order, or other legal process; and/or
- As part of a sale, merger, reorganization, or restructuring.
As a general rule, we may share all of the above listed categories of PI if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our clients, or others.
This Notice does not restrict our collection, use, or disclosure of any aggregated information or information that does not identify, or cannot be reasonably linked to, any individual. For example, we may choose to share aggregated data with unaffiliated third parties, in an anonymous form that does not allow the third party to associate the information we shared as being your PI.
To be clear, we will not collect additional categories of PI or use the PI we collect for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes than those described herein without providing you notice. Except as described in this Notice, we do not sell, share, distribute, lease, or transfer your PI to any third parties.
In compliance with applicable law and industry standards, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the PI we collect. The PI we directly collect is stored on our servers located in the United States, unless stored on third-party servers. We take reasonable steps and regularly assess our privacy and security policies and procedures and comply with laws designed to protect the privacy and security of your PI, including encryption at rest, and during transfer through the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. We also conduct annual security audits in an effort to further protect PI from breach, loss, or unauthorized access. Unfortunately, transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure; accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any such information. Any electronic transmission of PI or data is at your own risk.
Retention of Information
We will retain your PI only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set forth herein, which shall be at least as long, but in no way limited to, the time that you use the Website. If you elect to terminate your relationship with us, we will retain your data for a period of one year in case you decide to restart your relationship with us. If you would like us to delete your data before the end of the one-year period, you can request that we do so. However, we may retain and use your PI to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
We will retain your Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for approximately one year, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Website or if we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods. Usage Data is data collected automatically that is either generated by your use of the Website or from the Website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of your visit to a web page).
Do Not Track Signals and Requests
Do not track signals and requests are sent from your browser to websites you visit indicating you do not want to be tracked or monitored. In most circumstances you need to affirmatively elect to turn on the do not track signals or requests. Websites are not required to accept these signals or requests, and many do not. At this time, neither our Website nor the widgets existing therein honor do not track signals or requests.
You are responsible for any third-party PI obtained, published, or shared through this Website by your actions, and you represent, warrant, and covenant that you have adequately obtained and complied with said third party’s consent in providing their PI to us.
We provide links to other websites, landing pages, widgets, plug-ins or applications for informational purposes, including but not limited to: ZOHO SalesIQ, ZOHO CRM, ZOHO Recruit, Stripe, Google Analytics, Google Ads, LinkedIn, CHEKR and Unbounce, for your convenience, or to offer additional services such as payment processing (collectively “Linked Websites”). Linked Websites are independent from our Website and are not governed by this Notice. We do not review, maintain, endorse, or control the Linked Websites or the information, software, products, or services available on the Linked Websites. We also have no control over the Linked Websites’ privacy policies or posted privacy notices. If you decide to access any of the Linked Websites, you do so at your own risk. If you have any questions about a Linked Website’s privacy policies or advertising, you should contact them directly.
International Transfers and Processing of PI
We store information received through or by our Website in the United States. If you are providing the information from another country, you understand that the information will be transferred, stored and used in the United States. Your consent to this Notice followed by your use of the Website represents your agreement to that transfer.
Protection for Children (Minors)
We have no intention of collecting PI from minors (children under the age of 18). If we become aware that PI from a minor under 18 has been collected without the consent of the parent or guardian of such minor, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information.
Changes to the Notice
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to amend this Notice at any time. If at any time in the future we plan to use PI in a way that differs from what is described in this Notice or choose to amend this Notice, we will post those changes on the Website. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of any changes to this Notice constitutes affirmative acceptance of those changes.