Overview of UFC's OCR and ICR Software for Schools
Educational institutions face unique challenges in dealing with large volumes of paper data in a wide variety of forms. Conversion of physical data into electronic format provides ways for colleges, universities, and research organizations to better manage this information. UFC, Inc. offers a variety of solutions for customers in these areas in order to maximize the productivity of their employees while minimizing their investment in both software and consulting services.
Addressing the Unique Needs of the Educational Community
UFC's data capture and forms processing software solutions address the unique needs of the educational community including:
- Rapid processing of paper documents including things like examination sheets, tests, reports, college transcripts, high school transcripts (in the Admissions Department), letters of reference, books, research dissertations, and journals.
- Stringent regulatory requirements including the Sallie Mae regulations, No Child Left Behind, and other Department of Education policies.
- Cost effective processing of student loan applications.
- Large scale digitization projects using optical character recognition. This is not just for books and journals, but also for public service agencies affiliated with the library.
Benefits of a UFC, Inc. Optical Text Recognition Software Solution
- Much higher accuracy during the optical character recognition (OCR) and indexing operation.
- Decreased labor for indexing of documents and the manual entry of data, such as line items from a purchase order.
- Advantage of a proven commercial off-the-shelf software (COTS) solution already in use at many universities around the world.
- Easily upgradeable licensing including the availability of enterprise and unlimited page volumes in many circumstances.
- Unparalleled support from UFC, Inc. who has been serving clients since 1990.
UFC, Inc. has uniquely experienced team members to serve your company. One of them, our ABBYY solutions specialist, was an associate professor in the areas of business and computer applications, as well as the director of admissions for a graduate school. He has earned two master's degrees and accumulated 120 hours of postgraduate education including an MBA and brings fifteen years of software development, management, and sales experience. We look forward to working with you to solve your document capture and forms processing needs.
Solutions Provided by UFC, Inc. for Educational Customers:
ABBYY Recognition Server High Capacity OCR by ABBYY Software
ABBYY Recognition Server is known for its high-capacity OCR processing of a wide variety of documents including books, journals, letters, regulatory and loan applications. Recognition Server provides an efficient and cost-effective means for the large scale conversion of documents into various formats including searchable PDF as well as editable documents such as *Microsoft Word. Indexing of documents is easy through ABBYY's click and key method which allows a user to simply lasso text from within a scanned image and this information is then automatically imported into the index field. Recognition Server also provides out of the box capability to export documents to *Microsoft SharePoint Server. Read more about Recognition Server.
ABBYY FlexiCapture by ABBYY Software
Sometimes the need arises to extract certain very specific data from a scanned image including text, checkmark data, handwriting, barcodes, images of signatures, and line items from a purchase order or student transcript. FlexiCapture provides the industry leading software framework to accomplish these functions and much more including an out of the box capability to export documents to *Microsoft SharePoint Server. Find out more about ABBYY FlexiCapture.
Quillix Web Capture and ABBYY FlexiCapture Engine
Quillix Capture is a proven web-based document capture solution chosen by many large multinational corporations. UFC provides an integrated solution which provides both the proven Quillix solution as well as the industry leading ABBYY FlexiCapture Engine into an off-the-shelf web based capture and document processing suite. Together with the ABBYY Software product, the Quillix solution provides unparalleled processing power for large volumes of documents through a web browser available anywhere a network connection is available. In addition, users may transmit documents through email as well as by means of UFC's specialized Outlook add-in. Find out more about Quillix and FlexiCapture.
*Microsoft, Microsoft Word, Outlook and SharePoint Server are trademarks of the Microsoft Corporation, all rights reserved.
Keywords in this article: examination sheets, tests, reports, college transcripts, letters of reference, regulation compliance, learning process coordination, transcripts, scan journals, book scanning, ocr books, ocr journals, searchable pdf books, admissions software, automate college admissions, jenzabar, educational software, educational software for schools, software for education, blackboard, Ellucian, Campus Management, Campus Management Corp