The ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 R3 Update 1 includes a new component called the ABBYY FlexiCapture Reporting Service which is compatible with FlexiCapture 12 R3 Update 1 and later (and is not compatible with previous versions). This service collects information about the quality of document processing, the performance of the software and overall effectiveness of FlexiCapture.
The ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 Reporting Service is an add on component that allows you to visualize the performance of the system through various reports including things like showing:
- How many documents have been processed straight through (i.e. without verification),
- How many documents have been verified and how much time has been spent on their verification,
- How the program’s performance has improved over time.
More Details about the New FlexiCapture Monitoring Service Add on Component
The service collects information about modifications made to documents and calculates statistics to generate reports. It can be installed separately from ABBYY FlexiCapture and will store all information in a separate database, without affecting the program’s performance. Once connected to ABBYY FlexiCapture 12, the reporting service starts gathering information about document processing events, which will then be used to compute the statistics.
This is how the new FlexiCapture Reporting Service works.
- While documents are being processed, ABBYY FlexiCapture sends processing logs and editing events to the service. The service saves the data into the Reporting Database.
- When the processing of a document is completed (the state of a document changes to “Processed”) the service will compute the processing statistics based on the information gathered. Hence, this service cannot be used as an online monitoring tool.
- Once the statics are computed, the processing logs and the editing events will be deleted from the Reporting Database.