MuWave® QSX for Oracle WebCenter Content is a Quillix Server Extension (QSX) that works with Prevalent Software’s Quillix server to store documents into Oracle WebCenter Content servers. This comprehensive QSX module makes it possible to easily save documents from any Quillix document type into any Oracle WebCenter Content server. A document type workflow is modified to include the MuWave® QSX for Oracle WebCenter Content with the desired settings such as the content server URL and profile name. Each batch of documents that is scanned or imported into that document type workflow is then processed by the QSX module and the documents are stored into the content server.
Joe Hill, chief technologist at UFC® said, “The new MuWave® QSX for Oracle Web Center Content provides the full complement of features our customers are used to with our FileNet and Laserfiche QSX modules. This new product is able to query the Oracle content manager in order to commit all of the required index information the first time the document is captured. We are very excited about this new product since so many large firms are evaluating or already using Oracle as their content management platform.” This product release opens up the full suite of UFC’s document processing solutions to Oracle ECM users.
MuWave® QSX for Oracle WebCenter Content is a document or batch level module. It will work in a batch level workflow as long as there are documents existing in the batch. At either level all of the images and other files contained in each document are processed. The module can be configured to commit both image files and other Office type files. Features include:
- Versioning. As each new document is processed the content server is checked for an existing matching version of the document. The pages can be appended from the new document coming in to the end of the existing document. Or you may simply discard the incoming document since there is already a document in the object store that has indexes that match the incoming document.
- Pre-Commit Options. This is where you can link the Quillix Indexes that you have configured for this Document Type to the indexes associated with the content profile. You may provide an index value for each index that is to be populated.
- Commit Options. Options are provided for the commit phase to build the document file name, translate illegal characters into an accepted value, and set the security level of the document.
- Post Commit Options. Options are provided to process actions to be taken upon successful committal to the selected content server including adding comments and scripted changes to index values after committal. This gives you full control over indexing even if the values need to change after committal to Oracle.
- Database Functions. For example say a document was committed to a content server profile that contained invoices. A database operation could be configured to stamp the unique document ID onto a database row in an ERP system. Advanced options are provided for retries and logging.
- Support for a variety of document formats, not just images. Supported images include Tiff, JPG, BMP, and other common formats, but electronic file formats are also supported including Microsoft Word®, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Adobe’s PDF ®format, as well as all other types of documents.
- Conversion of Images to PDF. Just select the “Convert Images to PDF” option to convert all of the images in each document into a PDF. This PDF will be an image-only PDF and will not be searchable.
- Duplicate Prevention. To prevent the QSX module from attempting to commit the same document twice to the same document profile and option is provided to prevent a duplicate commit to the same document class.” This option has proven to be helpful in cases where workflows are very complex with multiple instances of the module and various routing decisions.
- MuWave® Script. The document index value specifications as well as other parameters are generated as needed by user-defined templates written in a language called MuWave® Script. MuWave® Script is a Visual Basic plug-in allowing scripting with Visual Basic code as well as VBScript. Even if you don’t know how to code UFC® Inc. includes a built in script generator to create the most commonly needed functions.
Read our data sheet on this product.
Contact us to find out how we can solve your needs for a complete capture system for Oracle Web Center Content.